We support information systems by protecting critical infrastructure. Our comprehensive cybersecurity services include IT security governance, risk assessment and mitigation; threat and vulnerabilities analyses; and, continuous monitoring. Our cybersecurity approach is aligned with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) cybersecurity framework and security controls. Furthermore, we support Federal information system certification and accreditation processes.
CASE STUDY: Safeguarding Critical Systems For The American Society Of Health-System Pharmacists
Our IT staffing is at work monitoring the security of critical systems for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). RGM staff plays a critical role as the Help Desk Manager within the LAN/Desktop Group, the primary resource at ASHP for all technology-related matters. Major responsibilities include conducting network vulnerability assessments and developing remediation plans and security procedures.
The Help Desk Manager is part of the core IT team that discovers, investigates and recommends the review of new technology to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The position is also responsible for providing recommendations for increasing automation and reducing manual intervention for day-to-day IT tasking.
The Help Desk supports Level 1–3 trouble tickets. This includes tracking reported issues, determining the appropriate IT sources to address the issues, implementing and documenting assigned projects, and ensuring that tasks are successfully completed. The Help Desk Manager also assists in identifying training needs at ASHP.
- Monitor the security of critical systems, such as workstations, e-mail servers, database servers and web servers.
- Conduct network vulnerability assessments using tools to evaluate attack vectors.
- Develop remediation plans and security procedures.
- Recommend workstation reimages or disabling accounts so they cannot compromise the network.
- Perform blocks of URLs and IP addresses on the firewall for network safety.
- Manage Help Desk staff to ensure required level of performance and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all reported issues.
- Ensure all issues are properly documented and resolved efficiently and effectively, and according to standards, policies and procedures.
- Produce performance reports as required and as needed (requires advanced knowledge of databases and reporting software).
- Ensure all projects are completed on time in an efficient and effective manner, that they adhere to all standards, policies and procedures, and that they are thoroughly and properly documented.
- Maintain integrity of all supporting documentation, e.g., policies, procedures, resolution databases, inventories, etc.
- Ensure the management team is aware of issues that affect the performance of technology within the organization in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for tracking ASHP IT assets throughout their lifecycle and supporting physical audits and internal compliance monitoring.